Fortune School believes that a student’s appearance has an impact on his or her attitude and behavior. Respect for the school community and for the students themselves is evidenced by dressing appropriately. Fortune School students will adhere to a dress code that enhances a professional educational environment at all times. Students are to wear a Fortune School every day or dress uniform, Monday through Friday, during off-campus school functions, as well as during Intersession and summer sessions, unless otherwise specified.
1. The Fortune School everyday uniform consists of the following clothing:
- Orange polo shirt with the Fortune School logo.
- Khaki pants, shorts, skirt, scooters, or skorts
- Black, white or brown closed-toe shoes
- Black or white socks
2. The Fortune School dress uniform* consists of the following clothing:
- Fortune School Blazer (5th-8th).
- Fortune School navy blue sweater vest (K-3)
- Green plaid tie
- White, short sleeved button down dress shirt
- Khaki pants, or khaki /plaid skirts, scooters or skorts
- Black, brown or navy shoes (no tennis shoes)
- White or navy knee highs or tights (girls)
* Students will be required to wear dress uniforms every Thursday beginning October 2, 2014.
3. The PE uniform consists of:
- Fortune School t-shirt or plain white t-shirt.
- Solid colored shorts or sweats.
- Tennis shoes.
Fortune School is a Uniform School. If a student is not wearing a uniform, the following may be expected:
- A phone call will be made to the parent/guardian requesting a change of clothes. If clothes cannot be provided, the student will be given a “loaner” uniform from the office.
- Student will be sent home.
- If repeated uniform violations occur throughout the year, a conference will be scheduled with administration.
FORTUNE SCHOOL DRESS CODE
1. All shirts must be tucked in unless otherwise specified (i.e. PE).
2. Students may not wear inappropriately tight or short shirts, pants, shorts, skirts, scooters, or skorts. If a student violates this rule, they must wear a “loaner” uniform article from the office. FORTUNE SCHOOL defines inappropriately short as any skirt, scooter, skort, or shorts that do not reach the top of the knee.
3. All pants must fit around the natural waist and not be excessively baggy, and may not cover the shoes.
4. Belts must be worn through all belt loops and may not cause a distraction to learning.
5. All clothing must be hemmed. Cut-offs are not allowed.
6. Students may only wear black or blue colored jackets/ sweatshirts in the winter (no fur or any type of design allowed).
7. Students may not wear denim clothing (pants, jackets, etc.)
8. Hair must be must be worn neatly, and without designs. Students may not wear hats, caps, “do” rags, bandanas, or other head coverings at school, unless deemed appropriate. Religious requirements for wearing head covering will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
9. Cornrows or braids are not allowed for male students. Designs, lines, colored, or bleached hair is not permitted for any student.
10. For safety reasons, the following jewelry will not be permitted at Fortune School: chains, chokers, multiple-finger rings, toe rings, and large dangling earrings (larger than a quarter).
11. For safety reasons students must wear closed-toe shoes.
12. Students may not wear multiple bracelets. (Two maximum, one per wrist.)
13. Students may not pierce any body parts other than their ears. Male students are not permitted to wear earrings.
14. Students may not wear make-up with color.
15. Students may not wear artificial nails. Students are not allowed to paint their nails.
16. Students may not have tattoos (real or fake).
17. Students may not wear perfume/cologne/spray-on deodorant.
18. Any item of clothing, accessory, or personal belonging deemed to be a distraction to the learning environment will not be allowed.